Custom fitting is the process by which a trained golf professional fits your equipment to your personal requirements. Custom fitting looks at your physical dimensions to ensure your clubs are the right 'static fit', and your swing technique to make sure they are the correct 'dynamic fit'. Whatever your golfing ability, you can benefit from having your golf equipment custom fitted.
Why Custom Fitted?
There are a number of reasons why you should have your clubs custom fitted;
- To adapt to your physical dimensions (height, size of hands etc.)
- To encourage the correct technique
- To reduce the impact of a consistently poor shot
- To ensure the club face is delivered to the ball in a square position at impact.
At its more technical level, Custom Fitting can build low handicap golfers and professionals a more efficient swing with shafts fitted to their swing speeds and tempo.
Higher handicap players can use adjustments in lie angles and shafts to overcome repetitive swing faults.
Improvers and beginners need well fitted equipment to encourage the correct set up - the foundation for a solid game.
Do my Clubs Fit?
If you have not had your clubs fitted, there is a good chance that they are to blame for some of your wayward shots. Take a look at the list below to see if you could benefit from a custom fit session:
- Shaft too flexible – you may be hitting the ball high, hooking the ball, or experience inconsistency.
- Club too long – You may find yourself hitting the ball fat or falling away at impact.
- Lie too flat – Your shots may be going straight right of target, or find yourself with an over strong grip.
- Shaft too stiff – Hitting the ball low, weak shots to the right and poor distance may indicate that your shafts are too stiff.
- Club too short – If you often hit ‘thin’ shots, fall forward at impact or your knees are too flexed, you make be using clubs that are too short.
- Lie too upright – A weak grip, a dislike of ‘tight’ lies and a tendency to hit shots left of target may indicate the lie of your clubs is too upright.